09 Mar How to deep clean a bathroom
If every time you think about how to clean the bathroom you have doubts, this article is for you. We teach you the keys to effective bathroom cleaning thoroughly so that everything shines and eliminates germs.
Do you have to clean the bathroom thoroughly and you don’t feel like it? Get inspired by this step-by-step article for the best cleaning techniques and products to keep your bathroom spotless.
Many times, the bathroom cleaning that we do daily is not enough and we must do a deeper one. This article is going to give you various tips and methods for you to learn about deep cleaning your bathroom.
If you want to know how to clean a very dirty bathroom, an efficient product like Cif Trigger Bathroom will simplify this task for you. Remember to wear rubber gloves and follow label directions.
How To Disinfect A Bathroom
In three steps:
- Make sure to disinfect the places where there are more possibilities for bacteria to accumulate. Like the toilet, the bidet, and the edges of the faucets.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces. The doorknobs, the sink, and the toilet button.
- Don’t forget to disinfect places where moisture or water sometimes accumulates. The bathtub, the shower, and the sink.
Safety Precautions When Using A Disinfectant Cleaner
Disinfectants and antibacterial agents are vital to maintaining hygiene in the home, but they should not be used in large quantities. Excessive use of disinfectants can affect our immune system and increase the resistance of bacteria to disinfectants.
As with all cleaning products, read the instructions for use of the disinfectant cleaner, work in a well-ventilated area and protect your hands and face. If in doubt, we suggest you test the product on a small area before applying it to the entire surface to be cleaned. Remember to wash your hands when you’re done.
Doorknobs, light switches, and kitchen and bathroom faucets are the most vulnerable surfaces due to everyday use. It is very important not to forget about them when carrying out home disinfection.
How To Disinfect The Bathroom Without Chlorine
A very useful tip to remove scale from the toilet is to use vinegar. Vinegar contains a mild acid that removes tartar and also kills some bacteria. After you’ve tested a small amount, pour a cup of white vinegar down the toilet and let it sit overnight. Then scrub off the scale with a toilet bowl cleaning brush and flush.
Another element that has characteristics similar to those of vinegar is lemon, which is capable of dissolving stains with its acid content. After doing a little test, pour a cup of squeezed lemon juice and let it sit for half an hour. Then, scrub away the tartar and stains with a bathroom cleaning brush and finally rinse by flushing. Always remember to wear rubber gloves to clean and thus protect your hands.
How To Wash The Bathroom: Tiles
- To learn how to clean bathroom tiles so that they are shiny, prepare a solution with half a liter of water and bleach. You can also use Cif Antifungal Cleaner Trigger.
- Clean well with a cloth dampened in the solution.
- Dip an old soft-bristled toothbrush in the solution and scrub well between joints.
- Rinse with plenty of water.
- To keep in mind: when you finish taking a shower, open the bathroom windows to ventilate and thus avoid humidity and mold on the tiles.
How To Remove Tartar From Bathroom Tiles?
Before you start, put on protective gloves and open the windows, so there is good air circulation. Read the instructions on the labels of the products you use and try them on any hidden area of the surface you want to clean. Never mix cleaning products.
- Use a scale remover on the surface to be cleaned, such as Cif Trigger Bath or Cif Original Cream with Microparticles.
- Let it act for a few minutes and then clean the area with a microfiber cloth.
- Rinse with hot water.
How To Clean A Bathroom Thoroughly: Remove Tartar From The Toilet
Tartar is a very common problem in any toilet since the water that remains in it creates marks very easily. Read the 4 tips that we propose below to know how to avoid their formation.
- Regularly use a gel product for toilets, such as Cif Trigger Bath.
- Make a complete cleaning in your toilet at least once a week, using a product that contains bleach for disinfection and another to remove tartar.
- If you need it, you can also add a powder or vinegar remover alone and leave them to act overnight.
- Scrub with a pumice stone or a melamine sponge to remove any remaining scale deposits.
How To Remove Tartar From The Tap Bath Or Shower
- Use a tartar remover, it can be the one we previously recommended, which can be diluted, or prepare a solution of equal parts water and white vinegar.
- Dampen a rag in the solution and wrap it around the faucet, covering it completely. Let him act.
- Fill plastic bags with the solution and tie them with a rubber band at the faucet and over the showerhead. Again, let them act until they penetrate the materials.
- Unroll the rags and remove the plastic bags, then rub off any watermarks left behind and rinse with clean, cold water.
- Dry and shine.
You may also be interested in Small bathroom ideas to decorate them with style